Monday, January 31, 2011

Tara Vao Wool Jacket and Skirt Set - SOLD





This listing is for a two piece outfit (pieces shown separately in first row, and together in third row), though I will consider splitting it up if so desired. This was given to me last winter by someone who had been given it and thought it would suit me better. I was planning on wearing the super cute skirt this winter, but now I'm too small for it. It comes from a pricey little boutique by my house that I've never been to (it caters to a slightly older crowd), so I had to do a little research on this label, being Tara Vao (or Va@?). And apparently it's a French (?) plus-sized label (though these pieces are made in Indonesia) that is popular (?) in Australia and New Zealand. The skirt is tagged as a size L, and I think that it's either that or an XL, though the belt loops (and layering it over some leggings) could help if it's only a tad too big. The top/jacket is also a size L, but looks good oversized with its asymmetrical cut and whatnot. Anyway, both the top/jacket and the skirt have asymmetrical hemlines, have pockets, are done up with fabric buttons, and are made of 100% boiled wool and a polyester accent fabric that reminds me of a fancy cushion I once knew. The puffy collar isn't for the shy, but it reminds me of Junya Watanbe/CdG. I had a hard time taking good pictures of this, so let me know if you want more images. I did find the skirt listed here if you want a better idea of the skirt and fabric in general.

THIS ITEM HAS SOLD.


1 comment: